5 Uses For Products
Guide On Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always look for a wooden worktop that fits you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. You should know that oak is considered classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Since oak can provide a warm feel and has a notable pattern, it is used in the usual farm house style kitchens. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut has a rich chocolate tone that is why it can give the right contrast to light things. You can use maple in a kitchen where the problem is light. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Always invest in a good quality worktops. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. There are cheap worktops but may probably be of low quality. If you properly maintain a wooden worktop that is of high quality, then it should last for a very long time and might even add more value to your property if the time will come that you will decide to sell it.
3. Preparation is crucial. Before you can use a wooden worktop, I needs to be sealed. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. You should have the time to properly do the treatment process in your wooden worktops since it is considered as a valuable procedure in order for the worktops to last for a long time. The wooden worktops will not last long enough if poor treatment procedure was done.
4. Always choose a wooden worktop with the perfect fitting. You should always remember that before you fit a wooden worktop, its side should have the right amount of oil and the plastering that might have been done should be completely dry. You should always make sure that you have at least one fixing point in every corner every time you are fixing the wooden worktop to the units in your kitchen. If you want your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions, then you should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. It is suggested that you should re-oil a wooden worktops at least twice in one year.